- Angela Liddle, President and CEO of the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance (PFSA), issued a statement today in response to recent media reports of problems with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services’ (DHS) ChildLine child abuse-reporting hotline, staffing deficiencies at DHS, and the delay in the release of funding for mandated-reporter training.
- Concern over calls to ChildLine, the statewide child abuse reporting hotline, going unanswered and backlogs in filling requests for clearances have sparked media attention. Angela Liddle, President and CEO of PA Family Support Alliance, responded to media requests about the issue. Follow the links below to learn more.
- Today, we launched our newest online training product, “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse,” developed by 1 of the top10 sources of custom e-learning solutions in the United States. After our training, you'll understand the new CPSL and learn to apply the law in specific scenarios as you increase your knowledge and confidence level.
- Read our winter newsletter to find out about PFSA's mandated reporter training,changes regarding child abuse and criminal history clearances, Front Porch Project and much more.
- Information for mandated reporters who have licenses under the PA Department of State: There has been some confusion and some panic for those who have already applied for licensure renewal. PFSA is required to upload licensee’s information directly to Department of State (DOS). The system to do so through DOS only became available at the end of last week. Therefore, persons who have already applied for licensure renewal are receiving a discrepancy letter; there is no cause for concern. PFSA is scheduled to upload information on Friday for all attendees to this point. We will upload information once a week thereafter.
You should have received a link to complete PFSA's web form for CEs. If you did not complete this web form, please do so now if you have already applied for renewal. If you haven’t applied yet, please complete prior to applying. You will need your training date and trainer’s name, which can be found on your certificate. We cannot upload your information if you do not complete the web form. Please contact PFSA at email@example.com to request a link for completing the web form.