- In order to allow our staff to enjoy the holiday with family, Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance will be closed on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 and will re-open on Monday, January 5, 2015. We will check our email and voicemail periodically and will respond as soon as possible. Our staff and volunteers will begin the new year rested, revitalized and ready to continue our mission of protecting children by teaching citizens to recognize and report child abuse and neglect by providing information, educational materials, and programs that promote positive parenting.
- If you've heard about several especially horrific child abuse cases in the news lately, you're probably asking yourself "how could a parent do that to a child?" We're asking that too. Read our blog to find out how these tragedies inspire PFSA staff to increase our efforts in child abuse prevention by educating both mandated reporters and community members.
- Widespread, much-needed changes are coming to Pennsylvania’s Child Protective Services Law (CPSL). Are you ready? Do you or your organization have what you need to fulfill the new training requirements? Do you understand your responsibilities, your liabilities and your protections?
- Our quarterly newsletter, "Alliance," is available now. In this issue you'll find information about important issues in child abuse prevention, including
- Terrific Patriot-News editorial about our work -- and the responsibility we all share to help keep all children safe.