PFSA offers several training programs on child abuse and neglect designed specifically for mandated reporters of child abuse and delivered by experienced trainers with a wealth of child welfare expertise. The onsite, instructionally designed training is delivered at the organization’s location and is FREE* for many providers of child services, including, but not limited to, schools, faith-based organizations, child care centers, libraries, juvenile probation officers, nonprofit community service organizations, and more. In addition to quality training, which has been approved by the Department of Public Welfare and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, participants will also receive resources to take with them after training.
PFSA currently offers the following Mandated Reporter Training options
(See below for detailed explanation of each option):
- Onsite Training
- Online Training
- Virtual Training
ONSITE MANDATED REPORTER TRAINING SESSION FOR YOUR STAFF:
FREE* Onsite Trainings - We are currently scheduling NOW for free onsite training workshops. Don't wait to schedule your free training, our free training schedule is filling quickly for training dates through June 30, 2015.
Note: For individuals or organizations with fewer than 15 staff members please refer to our online or webinar sections below.
- FREE* On-Site Staff Training conducted by Child Welfare Experts (includes training and reference materials) *A $250 fully refundable deposit is required to schedule any training. Organizations must meet DWP eligibility requirements to qualify for free training.
- Minimum 15 participants / maximum 50 participants per session.
ONLINE TRAINING FOR RECOGNIZING AND REPORTING CHILD ABUSE - Although the best way to receive training on recognizing and reporting child abuse and neglect is through interactive, face-to-face training, PFSA offers an online alternative for mandated reporters who have had training and are looking for a refresher.The online training is self-paced and takes two hours to complete. Successful completion requires a passing score of 70% on the post test. The test may only be taken one time per paid session. Fee: $75/$100 LSW, LCSW, LPC and LMFT CE. Click here for more information.
VIRTUAL TRAINING FOR RECOGNIZING AND REPORTING CHILD ABUSE – PFSA’s virtual training sessions are an interactive, live version of PFSA’s onsite training, complete with activities. This three-hour training reviews the elements of child abuse, including the legal definitions of a child, perpetrator, and categories and indicators of abuse. The training provides an overview of mandated reporting obligations, including how to make a report, protections for those who report, and the liability for failing to report. Virtual training sessions are held monthly. Please see below for registration information and sessin dates. Fee: $10 per participant
- Organizations may schedule a fee-for-service virtual training session to be held at a specific day and time for their staff at a reduced cost. Up to 125 participants may be seated for each virtual training session.
Monthly Virtual Training
Cost for the training is $10 per person (payable at time of registration - no refunds or transfers) and space is limited to 125 participants. Pre- registration is required. Materials will be available to download for future reference. Please log in at least 15 minutes prior to the start time. Each participant must use either a personal computer or mac (no tablets or phones). Participants need to able to hear the trainer via their computer speakers. *In order to receive credit for the elearning training session, participants must be logged in individually and stay logged in for the duration of the training and complete all activities/tests/surveys.
How To Register for a Monthly Virtual Training Session:
- This training is designed to sign up and participate as individuals.
- To register, click on this link for the training session you are interested in. Registration closes one week prior to start date.
- The below trainings are filling quickly. Please register as soon as possible. When trainings are filled, please refer to the list below for other possible dates and times.
- Registrations cannot be processed without payment. Until your payment is received, you will not receive a confirmation email with instructions and links.
- Once payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation email with information and links to use the day of the training. Please save this email. Please complete all pre-training surveys prior to your training date.
Receiving Credit for a Virtual Training option: In order for each registered participant to receive full credit for this 3-hour mandated reporter training they must:
- Register as an individual, utilizing their own email address.
- Have their own computer (with internet access & speakers) and log in separately using the link provided in the confirmation email they received when they initially registered. This is a 3-hour live interactive training.
- Participate in the entire 3-hour training. Be sure to log in at least 15 minutes prior to start time, as trainings start exactly at designated time. Logging in after the training has started is not acceptable.
- Complete all polls, surveys, tests and evaluations.
- Completion email: You will receive an email (within 1 week after training date) stating that you have successfully participated in the training provided that you individually log in to the training; participate in the entire training; completed all polls, surveys, tests and evaluations; and logged in for the entire 3 hours (logging in after the training has started is not acceptable). Please save or print the completion email. Certificates may be requested.
All of our trainings are approved for Pennsylvania Quality Assurance System (PQAS) credit through PA Keys and continuing education for LSW, LCSW, LPC and LMFT. PFSA’s curriculum is approved for Act 48 credits.
- A signed PFSA Training Agreement will be required of any organization setting up private onsite or elearning training session.
- Click here for a sample of the PFSA FREE Onsite Training Agreement which will be required, along with a fully refundable deposit of $250, prior to securing a training workshop with PFSA. Contact PFSA for samples of training agreements for elearning training sessions or fee-for-service (paid) training workshops.
Please contact PFSA to review all your training options. To schedule a training for your staff or obtain more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online training request form.
Suspect Child Abuse? Call ChildLine 1-800-932-0313.